If you are thinking of having your honeymoon in Santorini then you have just taken a great decision. However, the island has so many villages and towns and the best place in Santorini to stay for your honeymoon might be tricky to find.
Santorini is the most romantic greek island and you will have a great time no matter where you are actually staying but it is really important to know a few things about the island, its geography, and the best areas before deciding where to stay and book your honeymoon package.
BEST HONEYMOON HOTEL IN SANTORINI: Grace Santorini Hotel
The best place to stay in Santorini is called Imerovigli. I usually do not recommend people staying Oia because it can get very crowded during sunset time but Imerovigli has now the most romantic and secluded hotels in Santorini.
I honestly believe that the place you will be staying in Santorini can really make or break your honeymoon on this magical Greek island. However, the great thing about Santorini however, is that apart from being a ridiculously romantic island and setting, it also has so many diverse things to do and see with your other half that you won’t get bored at all.
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Let’s Ferry is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all Greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the Greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- Best Place To Stay in Santorini for honeymoon: Imerovigli – it has the most romantic hotels and suites of the island with the most amazing caldera views and it is not that crowded as Oia or Fira
- Best Honeymoon Hotel in Santorini: Grace Hotel Santorini
- How to Book a Hotel for Santorini: go to Booking.com and make your choice. Airbnb has far less available rooms and villas for Santorini.
- Caldera Views: unfortunately you have to choose between the famous views you have seen in the magazines and the beach life as you cannot have both; if you are staying on the cliff with the famous views (Fira, Imerovigli, Oia, Akrotiri, Firostefani) you won’t be close to the beach (Kamari, Perissa, Perivolos) and you will pay more per night
- Best Sunset Views in Santorini: undoubtedly in Oia but Firostefani and Imerovigli have amazing caldera and sunset views too and they are not that crowded
- Fira or Oia: Fira is better for the winter (Nov-May) as it won’t be too empty (it’s the capital afterall) . Oia is amazing but it has thousands of tourists. Better stay at Imerovigli that has amazing caldera views and the best hotels in Santorini.
- Beaches: If you want to be close to the best beaches of Santorini then you have to stay at Perissa, Perivolos or Kamari ; these are also the most family friendly places of the island
MORE TRAVEL TIPS FOR GREECE: