The traditional Greek neoclassical architecture of Klimis Hotel in Spetses
The Best Hotels in Spetses are mostly located in the old town and port of Spetses. Spetses is actually one of the best greek islands near Athens and it’s ideal for a day trip or a weekend (like Hydra island). The ferry to Spetses takes 2 to 3 hours from Piraeus port, and it’s a fairly easy ride.
BEST HOTEL IN SPETSES: Poseidonion Grand Hotel
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Spetses belongs to the Saronic Gulf islands in central Greece (like Hydra island), and it’s one of the best islands near Athens. Spetses is famous for its unique car-less vibe and its extremely picturesque old town and port.
Spetses Island is fairly close to Athens, and you can reach it by taking a ferry or a speedboat from Piraeus Port. There is no airport on Spetses Island, but the fast ferry can take you there in 2 hours and 15 minutes (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands). Another alternative route would be to drive for 3 hours to Porto Heli town, leave your car there and then take a 15-minute ferry to cross the sea and reach Spetses island.
No cars are allowed on Spetses island but you can walk everywhere. If you want to go to a nearby beach, you can take a water taxi or even walk for 45 minutes usually.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email !
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Spetses
So, without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in on Spetses island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT SPETSES
- Best Area To Stay in Spetses: The best area to stay in Spetses is the old town and port as it’s the place with the best vibes and atmosphere overall. See hotels in Spetses old town
- Best Hotel in Spetses: Poseidonion Grand Hotel
- Best Villa in Spetses: Villa Scirocco
- How many days do you need in Spetses: the island is pretty small and apart from the (super cute) old town/port along with a couple of cute beaches there is not much to see and do in Spetses so I would suggest 1 or 2 nights is ideal; you can even visit the island as a daytrip from Athens but it could be a bit tiring
- How to Move Around in Spetses: there are no cars on Spetses to preserve its traditional old town so you either have to walk around or you can get on a water taxi
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE