The stunning Casa Di Fiori close to the picturesque Chora of Andros
The Best Hotels in Andros are mostly located in Andros Town (also called Andros Chora) or close to one of the famous beach towns of Batsi, Kypri or Chryssi Ammos. Gavrion which is also the island’s main ferry port, is also very popular with some new and impressive hotels. Andros island has the unique benefit of being very close to Athens (only a 2-hour ferry) and that’s why it is very popular for Greeks who live in Athens. There are no massive resorts on the island but mostly small boutique hotels with excellent service and amenities.
BEST HOTEL IN ANDROS: Micra Anglia
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Andros belongs to the Cyclades group of islands in the Aegean Sea, and it’s actually one of the largest islands in Greece and the second largest in Cyclades. The island has some impressive sandy beaches and it’s been famous for the artistic vibes and atmosphere of its capital town Andros Chora. The whole island has some of the most dramatic cliffs and views of any of the Cyclades islands.
Andros island is very close to Athens, and you can reach it by taking a 2-hour ferry from Rafina port but there is no airport on the island (being that close to Athens, there has never been a need to build an airport). You can always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands.
The island is pretty big so you need a car in Andros, in order to explore its beauties in the most flexible way. There are local buses, but you’ll obviously be more flexible if you rent a car, in my opinion. There are also a lot of taxis on the island that can take you anywhere.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email!
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Andros
So, without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in on Andros Island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT ANDROS
- Best Area To Stay in Andros: The best area to stay in Andros is in or around Andros Chora or in the seaside town of Batsi as these are the 2 most lively and cute areas on the island. See hotels in Andros Chora
- Best Hotel in Andros: Micra Anglia Boutique Hotel
- Best Villa in Andros: Acron Andros
- How many days do you need in Andros: the island is pretty big with lots to see and do so unless you want to visit other greek islands I suggest you stay at least 5 days in Andros
- How to Move Around in Andros: the best way to get around on the island is by your own vehicle (preferably a car) which will give you lots of flexibility, especially if you want to visit some of the more remote areas and beaches; local buses are pretty good but they won’t take you everywhere and taxis can become very expensive