Hi, my name is Pavlos and I blog about Greece and the greek islands.🌴🍹
Get my secrets for Greece and the greek islands in your email !
You should also subscribe to my Youtube Channel where I regularly publish guides and reviews of attractions and places in Greece and the greek islands.
Pick your destination from the list below and start diving into the most useful info you can probably find online. See below for more pictures and information about Santorini:
- Best Beaches in Greece
- Greece Honeymoon
- Best Greek Islands for Families
- Best Greek Islands for Couples
- Best Family Resorts in Greece
- Best Greek Islands for Older Couples
- When is Summer in Greece?
- Best Time to visit Greece
- Best Greek islands
- Best Things to Do in Greece
- Best time to visit Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Cave Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Oia
- Best Hotels in Imerovigli
- Best Hotels in Fira
- Best Hotels in Pyrgos
- Oia or Fira
- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Best Things to Do in Oia
- Best Things to Do in Pyrgos
- Akrotiri Prehistoric City: All You Need to Know
- Santorini Tomato Museum: All You Need to Know
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Best Wineries in Santorini
- Best Sunset Cruises in Santorini
- Red Beach in Santorini: A Complete Guide (WITH PHOTOS)
- Best Hotels in Perissa (black beach)
- Best Hotels in Kamari beach
- Pyrgos Village in Santorini
- Where to Stay in Mykonos
- Best Beaches in Mykonos
- Best Restaurants in Mykonos
- Best Things to Do in Mykonos
- Best Hotels in Mykonos
- Best Villas in Mykonos
- Best Cave Hotels in Mykonos
- Mykonos Bus Schedule
- Best Time to Visit Mykonos
- Mykonos to Santorini
- Best Greek Islands Near Mykonos
- Where to Stay in Crete
- Best Place To Stay in Crete for Older Couples
- How to Get From Athens to Crete
- How to Get From Crete to Santorini
- Best Family Hotels in Crete
- Best Beach Villas in Crete
- Best time to visit Crete
- Best Chania beaches
- Best Things to Do in Crete
- Best Family Villas in Crete
- Best Beaches in Crete
- Crete in May
- Where to Stay in Athens
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Things to Do in Athens
- Acropolis Tickets
- Best Beaches in Athens
- Athens to Santorini
- Best Greek Islands Near Athens
- Acropolis Museum: All you need to know (with PICS)
- Best Greek Island Tours From Athens
- Acropolis vs Parthenon
- How To Get From Athens to Naxos
- How To Get From Athens to Paros
- How To Get From Athens to Amorgos
- How To Get From Athens to Milos
- How To Get From Athens to Tinos
- How To Get From Athens to Ios
- How to Get From Athens to Syros
- How To Get From Athens to Corfu
- How To Get From Athens to Kefalonia
- How To Get From Athens to Zakynthos (Zante)
- Best Hotels in Corfu
- Best Hotels in Amorgos
- Best Hotels in Paros
- Best Hotels in Naxos
- Best Hotels in Rhodes
- Best Hotels in Milos
- Best Hotels in Tinos
- Best Hotels in Ios
- Best Hotels in Syros
- Best Hotels in Zakynthos
- Best Hotels in Skiathos
- Best Hotels in Kefalonia
- Best Hotels in Hydra
- Best Hotels in Spetses
- Best Hotels in Kos
- Best Hotels in Delphi
I was born and raised in Greece and I am actually Greek. I have visited pretty much every square meter of my beautiful country and I want to share my experiences and give my tips to anyone wishing to visit this beautiful piece of land.
This is my travel blog, which is being read by more than 1 million people every year (I never expected that!) and I really hope it will help you out with your research on my beautiful country.
Get my secrets for Greece and Santorini in your email !
I have visited Santorini hundreds of times and I have actually lived on the island a few years ago for some time. It is my favourite greek island, but I want to be honest with you: it can also be a tourist trap and feel like a rip-off nowadays as prices have increased significantly.
However, I am going to try and give you all the secrets of Santorini in my dedicated Santorini blog but also provide you with a ton of travel tips for all greek destinations in my Athens Travel Blog, my Crete Travel Blog and my Mykonos Travel Blog.
Santorini’s tiny airport has recently had some upgrades, but it’s still a small airport on a small island, so don’t expect any exceptional services and facilities.
Yes, Santorini has big chain grocery stores and supermarkets that actually have local produce as well, so you can always find cheap food to cook by yourself if you don’t want to spend a fortune in premium restaurants.
This is the fantastic Franco’s Cafe in Pyrgos with some of the most magnificent views on the island of Santorini. Pyrgos is one of my favourite villages of Santorini, and if you are looking for very cute and picturesque accommodation off the beaten path, then this is where you should stay.
This is Vlychada Beach in Santorini, with its dramatic white geological rock formations at the back. There is no shortage of great beaches in Santorini, and if you are visiting between May and October, you will be able to swim in the seawater as the ambient temperature is usually above 30 degrees.
Ammoudi bay is a small bay below the famous Oia town, and if you decide to eat there you will literally be eating on the water! All 3 restaurants on the bay offer excellent quality seafood (mainly) and you won’t be disappointed. Make sure you reserve a table though as these restaurants get super busy in the high season!
Kamari is a beautiful long beach with black sand and pebbles (that can become very hot in the summer!), which is ideal for families and kids. There are lots of amenities behind the beach, many restaurants and beach bars to get a drink or a snack. Hotels in Kamari are usually cheaper than in Oia, Fira, or Imerovigli as you are not getting famous volcano views.
This is Perissa beach, the famous black beach in Santorini with lots of beach clubs, cafes and restaurants. Perivolos and Perissa are on the same long beach. The beach bar in this photo is my favourite one in Perissa called Tranquilo which is a lovely bar-restaurant with lots of healthy and vegan options with a mexican vibe.
Get my secrets for Greece and Santorini in your email !
Finally, I highly recommend you subscribe to my free newsletter, where I regularly send travel tips for Greece and the Greek islands to more than 15.000 people from all over the world. Alternatively, you can follow me on Twitter and I will try my best to respond to you personally!