The Best Hotels in Santorini for 2017
Santorini has some of the most amazing hotels in the world but finding the right one can be overwhelming as there are literally too many options for such a small place.
There are some things to consider though, when looking to book your hotel in Santorini as not every area/town is the same.
The best place , area or village/town to stay in Santorini really depends on what you are looking for and what your situation is.
READ ALSO OUR ULTIMATE GUIDE: WHERE TO STAY IN SANTORINI ?
Ultimate Luxury, Perfect Service and nothing less than 5 star experience. Hands Down these are the Best Luxury and Boutique Hotels in Santorini
Fira is the capital town of Santorini and it is where all the buzz is. You will literally have all restaurants, shops, bars, clubs and souvlaki street food places at your doorstep within 5 minutes walking distance.
But…Where To Stay in Santorini?
Here are some handy tips to have in mind:
- For being close to all the bars, restaurants, shops, nightclubs and the buzz: Fira (it’s the capital of the island and the town with the most grocery stores, shops and nightclubs)
- For views to the famous sunset (along with thousands of other tourists on your roof, balcony and walls around sunset time every day in July and August): Oia
- For equally beautiful sunsets and views to the caldera and the volcano (without thousands of tourists): Imerovigli and Firostefani
- For being closer to the famous black beach (like 5-mins-walk close…) and the best beach bars of the island: Perissa or Perivolos (no famous caldera and volcano views though)
- For being closer to the other black beach with lots of restaurants and amenities: Kamari (no famous caldera and volcano views though)
- For being close to the famous Red Beach but still have views to the caldera: Akrotiri (but it’s a 20-30 mins drive from Fira-capital)
- For being closer to most of the Santorini wineries (but not worried about the famous volcano/caldera views): Pyrgos
- For having the best private pools and jacuzzis with caldera views in Santorini: Imerovigli or Firostefani.
- With kids and lose to the beach with amenities: Kamari
- With seniors or disabled persons: avoid the famous cliff with volcano views as most of the hotels there have many stairs due to being on the cliff – avoid Fira, Oia, Firostefani, Imerovigli or ask the hotels about the access