This is the impressive Sea & Olives Suites Hotel at the Plaka beach in Naxos
The Best Hotels in Naxos are mostly located in the capital town of the island called Chora (or Hora) or they are close to one of the best beaches of the island such as Agia Anna, Plaka or Agios Prokopios.
BEST HOTEL IN NAXOS: Nissaki Beach Hotel
Naxos is one of my favourite greek islands and it is true that it remains one of the few unspoilt greek islands and being a considerably big island. It’s actually the 10th largest greek island and the biggest one in the Cyclades group of island.
The great thing about Naxos is that it is only 4 hours away from Athens (or Piraeus port) by ferry (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules).
READ MORE: Athens to Naxos Ferries & Flights
You definitely need a car in Naxos as it’s a pretty big island and there are lots of cute villages to see inland, but there are undoubtedly some of the best sandy beaches in Greece on the island, as well. However, in Naxos you won’t find massive resorts and all inclusive hotel complexes as the island is still under-developed on that respect (which is a good thing if you want my opinion).
Get my secrets for Greece in your email!
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Naxos
So without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Naxos island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT NAXOS
- Best Area To Stay in Naxos: The best area to stay in Naxos is in the capital of the island called “Chora” or “Hora” or at one of the big sandy beaches of A gia Anna, Agios Prokopios, Plaka or Kastraki. See hotels in Chora
- Best Hotel in Naxos: Nissaki Beach Hotel
- Best Villa in Paros: Diadema Villa
- How many days do you need in Naxos: the island is pretty big with many things to see and do in general so I highly recommend you spend at least 5 days so that you get a glimpse of what this amazing greek island has to offer
- How to Move Around in Naxos: you definitely need to rent a car in Naxos as the distances are quite long unless you want to stay at the same area or beach; the local bus in Naxos can also take you everywhere and it is quite frequent in the high season (June, July, August, September)