The views to the port of Hydra from Onar Hotel are magnificent
The Best Hotels in Hydra are mostly located on or around the picturesque town of Hydra or at the nearby (very few to be honest) beaches. Hydra is actually one of the best greek islands near Athens and it’s ideal for a daytrip or a weekend. The ferry to Hydra only takes a couple of hours from Piraeus port and it’s a fairly easy ride.
BEST HOTEL IN HYDRA: Leto Hotel
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Hydra belongs to the Saronic Gulf islands in central Greece, and it’s one of the best islands near Athens. Hydra is famous for its unique artistic vibe, its super cute town and its overall relaxing atmosphere.
Hydra Island is very close to Athens, and you can reach it by taking a ferry or a speedboat from Piraeus Port. There is no airport on Hydra Island, but the fast ferry can take you there in 1 hour and 20 minutes (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands).
No cars are allowed on Hydra island to preserve its unique vibe, and because it’s a pretty small island, you can literally walk everywhere. If you want to go a beach (like Mandraki) you can also take s sea taxi from hydra town itself (that would be a 20 mins ride on the boat).
Get my secrets for Greece in your email !
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Hydra
So, without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Hydra island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT HYDRA
- Best Area To Stay in Hydra: The best area to stay in Hydra is Hydra town and port as it is the cutest area on the island (and the only one with amenities and shops to be honest). See hotels in Hydra
- Best Hotel in Hydra: Leto Hotel
- Best Villa in Hydra: Rafalias Mansion
- How many days do you need in Hydra: the island is very small, so I would suggest you stay one to two nights; you can definitely stay more if you have the time and you just want to relax, but apart from its cute port/town there is nothing more to see and do in Hydra.
- How to Move Around in Hydra: there are no cars on Hydra so that leaves you with your feet and some boats (water taxis) that can take you to nearby beaches such as Mandraki beach but I highly recommend you just walk around
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE