Fira is the capital town of Santorini and it’s the place with all the buzz and shops.
So…you are possibly looking for the best area to stay in Santorini and Fira capital town popped in, right?
Even though Fira is the capital and the largest town of the island, there are some really impressive hotels with amazing views to the caldera and the volcano that won’t disappoint you.
At Fira, you will literally have everything at your doorstep: bars, shops, restaurants, clubs, street food (aka souvlaki) and …lots of tourists too unfortunately.
BEST HOTEL IN FIRA: Cosmopolitan Suites
However, most of the hotels on my list are not disturbed by the people passing by, as most of them are very well protected and seclusive hanging by the dramatic cliff or a bit furhter away from the main Fira street.
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- Why stay at Fira town: awesome volcano/caldera views, walking distance to shops, bars, clubs and the buzz
- When it’s best to stay at Fira: every other month of the year except June, July, August and September
- How to Get to Fira from Santorini ferry port (Athinios): by local bus (15 mins – 2 euros) or taxi (10mins – 20euros maximum) – there are hundreds of taxis at the port – no need to book anything in advance
- How to get from Santorini Airport to Fira: by local bus (15mins – 2 euros) or taxi (10mins – 30 euros maximum)
- Best Hotel at Fira: Cosmopolitan Suites
- Best Private Villa to Rent at Fira: Anteliz Villa (brand new and can sleep up to 6 persons)
- Best Honeymoon Hotel at Fira: Andronis Honeymoon (with your private tub…)
- Best Authentic Greek Restaurant at Fira : Nikolas Taverna
- Best Restaurant with views at Fira : Argo Restaurant
- Sunset Views at Fira: equally beautiful as at Imerovigli, Firostefani and Oia
- Best Activity to Do at Fira: hike between Fira and Oia
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
DirectFerries is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
So…without further ado, let’s see the Best Hotels in Fira:
I believe that the best hotel in Fira is Cosmopolitan Suites but to be totally honest there are so many good hotels and in Fira that it will be difficult to pick one.
Most of the hotels in Fira have stunning volcano views and the best thing about Fira is that you will be in the centre of everything. All transportation hubs and nightlife is mainly in Fira so it will be very easy to reach the beaches or even Oia, whenever you want. However, if you are looking for a more quiet area I cannot recommend Imerovigli high enough as it is still very close to Fira but it’s more like a tiny cute suburb that has the same views, even more amazing hotels but it’s super quiet and relaxing (it’s also ideal for a honeymoon in Santorini).
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE