The stunning Contessina Hotel is a family-friendly paradise in the famous Tsilivi area of Zakynthos
The Best Hotels in Zakynthos are mostly located on or around the impressive beaches of Tsilivi, Laganas, Vassilikos or Kalamaki. I dare to say that nowadays, Zakynthos has some of the newest and most well-designed hotels than any other Greek island, and it is experiencing a tourism explosion. You should also know that Zakynthos island is also called simply Zante. The whole island has the typical landscapes of the Ionian islands group, with plenty of sandy beaches and lots of green areas.
BEST HOTEL IN ZAKYNTHOS: Contessina Hotel
BUT ALSO CHECK:
- For Beach: Crystal Beach Hotel
- For Families: Lesante Classic
- For Couples: Anemelia Retreat
- Budget: Fiore
- All-Inclusive: Lesante Cape Resort
- Adults Only: Lesante Blu
- Quirky: Anemelia Retreat
- In Zakynthos Town: Palatino Hotel
- In Tsilivi: Contessina Hotel
- In Kalamaki: Crystal Beach Hotel
- In Akrotiri: Lesante Cape Resort
Zakynthos belongs to the Ionian group of islands in north-western Greece, and it has been attracting people from Europe mainly in the last decades. Zante combines some of the best beaches in the world along with one of the most impressive landmarks in Greece: the famous Navagio shipwreck (or Navagio beach).
PLEASE NOTE: The famous Navagio beach (“Shipwreck Beach”) is closed since April 2023 after the authorities discovered there is a danger of landslides, and you cannot visit it.
Zakynthos island is not that close to Athens, and you can reach it by travelling by car or bus to Kyllini Port (3.5 hours drive) and then taking a 1.5 hours ferry to Zakynthos. Alternatively (and easier), just take a direct 1-hour flight from Athens or from a few European cities like London, Berlin, Paris, Manchester, Frankfurt or even Milan. There is an international airport on Zakynthos Island, but international flights operate only between May and October (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands).
Read More: Athens to Zakynthos
I think you’d be better off renting a car in Zakynthos, as you will have more flexibility to explore the island but it’s not necessary in my opinion, and a taxi or the local bus should be ok, especially if you are mainly planning to stay in or around your hotel.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email !
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Zakynthos
So without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Zakynthos island (or just Zante):
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT ZAKYNTHOS
- Best Area To Stay in Zakynthos: The best area to stay in Zakynthos is Tsilivi area (or Planos) as it is the area with the best beach and some of the best hotels of the island. See hotels in Tsilivi
- Best Hotel in Zakynthos: Contessina Hotel
- Best Villa in Zakynthos: Villa Shangri-La Zakynthos
- How many days do you need in Zakynthos: the island is pretty big with many things to see and do so I would suggest that you stay at least 5 days on Zakynthos to get the most out of this amazing island
- How to Move Around in Zakynthos: most of the hotels on the island would probably lure you to stay there for all of your holidays, but in my opinion, the best thing to do is to rent a car and see the whole island if you can. Local buses are also very reliable, but they won’t give you the flexibility of having your own means of transportation.
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE