Glyfada, Sidari, Paleokastritsa, Sidari, Kavos and Marathias beach are only some of the incredible beaches that the island of Corfu has.
Corfu beaches are mostly sandy and located in beautiful green landscapes nested under pine trees while having turquoise crystal clear waters.
Corfu island is ideal between June and October every year but bear in mind its climate is quite different than the one you find in the Cyclades (Santorini, Mykonos islands etc.) as it’s on the Ionian sea where it rains more and it gets colder sooner in the autumn (September-October-November).
Corfu has some of the best beaches in Greece and definitely some of the greenest ones with a really impressive shoreline. Overall, the island has more than 60 beaches and small coves that you can swim (preferably from June to October when the weather is hotter)
Get my secrets for Greece and Santorini in your email!
BEST CORFU BEACHES
The best beaches in Corfu are:
- Agios Gordios
- Agios Stefanos
- Porto Timoni
If you are wondering, if you can actually visit Santorini or Mykonos from Corfu then I have some bad news for you, because even though it is doable, it’s really not worth it as you will be spending too much money on ferries and planes
Corfu is on the west side of Greece, while Santorini and Mykonos are on the east side. So, it will be very tiring and expensive after all, unless you are spending a month in Greece.
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- When You Can Actually Swim in the Sea Water of Corfu: the sea water is perfect in Corfu between June-October (and including these two months), so if you are visiting anytime outside of these months, you may get sunshine and 30C degrees temperature, but the sea water won’t be warm enough; if you are brave enough, you can certainly give it a try!
- Best Beach of Corfu: Glyfada Beach is considered the best beach in Corfu with incredible golden sand and crystal clear waters with fabulous sunsets; there are also lots of amenities around which makes it ideal for families as well
- Best Beach for Families and kids: Glyfada, Paleokastritsa and Agios Georgios beaches are (with lots of amenities for kids) – they are all sandy with very clear waters
- Most unique Beach of Corfu: Porto Timoni is one of the most tropical and unique beaches in Greece, with a gorgeous double bay and a stunning surrounding green mountains
- Best Beach Hotel on Corfu: Akrotiri Beach Resort (Paleokastritsa)
- Best Beach Villa in Corfu: Sun’n’Chill Beach Villa
1. Paleokastritsa Beach
2. Glyfada Beach
3. Agios Gordios Beach
4. Sidari Beach
5. Issos Beach
6. Pelekas Beach (Kontogialos)
7. Kavos Beach
8. Barbati Beach
9. Marathias Beach
10. Kalami Beach
11. Nissaki Beach
12. Avlaki Beach
13. Agios Stefanos Beach
14. Roda Beach
15. Yaliskari Beach
16. Arillas Beach
17. Kerasia Beach
18. Porto Timoni Beach
So, these are best Corfu beaches: Paleokastritsa, Glyfada, Avlaki, Roda, Porto Timoni, Sidari, Agios Stefanos, Kalami and Kavos.
There is no doubt that Crete beaches and Mykonos beaches are equally beautiful but the great difference is that Corfu beaches that are on the Ionian Sea are surrounded by green hills and landscapes that cannot be found elsewhere.
If you only have time for only one beach, then visit Paleokastritsa beach as it is the beach that has everything and it is overall perfect for almost every situation: couples, solo travellers, honeymooners, families, kids and seniors (no steps at all).
If you are visiting Corfu in the winter you won’t be able to swim between November-May as the seawater will be pretty cold for most people’s standards but in June, July, August, September and October the seawater is perfect.