The combination of an infinity pool with breathtaking views is the highlight of Wind Tales in Syros island
The Best Hotels in Syros are mostly located in the capital town of the island called Ermoupoli which is famous for its luxurious architecture of the 19th century. The island has some decent sandy beaches such as Kini and Galissas with some family friendly hotels options along with a picturesque town called Ano Syros, that many people call Oia’s little sister village.
BEST HOTEL IN SYROS: Wind Tales
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Syros used to be one of the most important industrial and commercial centres of Greece, with its luxurious neoclassical capital of Ermoupoli being home to some of the richest people in Greece back in the late 1800’s. Syros has one of the largest shipyards in Greece at Neorio, but it is now a renowned destination for people who are looking for a different island in Cyclades with unique architecture and history.
Syros island is pretty close to Athens and you can reach it by ferry only within 2 hours. There is an airport in Syros island but it only operates flights between Syros and Athens. It’s not worth taking this 35 minutes flight to Syros as you will be faster on the island (from Athens) if you include the time before the flight that you need to be at the airport. (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules).
Read More: Athens to Syros
I think you’d be better off by renting a car in Syros, as you will have more flexibility to explore the island but it’s not necessary in my opinion and a taxi or the local bus should be ok.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email !
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Syros
So without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Ios island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT SYROS
- Best Area To Stay in Syros: The best area to stay in Syros is the capital Ermoupoli which is where all the buzz and the best restaurants of the island are. See hotels in Ermoupoli
- Best Hotel in Syros: Wind Tales
- Best Villa in Syros: Villa Lefko
- How many days do you need in Syros: the island is pretty small and everything happens in Ermoupoli really, so I would say 3-4 days are probably enough for Syros
- How to Move Around in Syros: though Syros is not that big I recommend you rent a car in order to explore the island in the most flexible way; the local buses are very good however and there are plenty of drivers on the island to move you around if you don’t want to drive
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE