These are some of the best Crete villas. The Crete island has some of the best holiday villas in Greece with beautiful sea views, swimming pools, and excellent facilities.
Crete is the perfect location for villa holidays in Greece as it ticks all the boxes: excellent facilities, access to beautiful beaches, amazing views, seclusion (or not) and awesome food.
I personally think that Crete is also the perfect family holiday destination and if all inclusive hotels is not your thing, then you should definitely check out these family villas in Crete or even better the best beach villas in Crete.
Get my secrets for Greece and Crete in your email !
Location-wise, it’s pretty safe to say that villas in Chania are awesome but villas in Agios Nikolaos , villas in Platanias or villas in Plaka are equally amazing.
BEST VILLA IN CRETE: Cavo Dago Villa (Chania)
The good thing about Crete is that because the island is so big, you can find pretty much any option you want: villas with swimming pools, cheap villas, luxury villas, family friendly villas and even more.
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT CRETE VILLAS
- Best Website to Book a Villa in Crete: Booking.com (more options than Airbnb…even for private villas to rent on the island ; just apply the correct filter on the search results)
- Best Villa in Crete: Cavo Dago Villa (…wow…but also super expensive)
- Best Hotel in Crete: Elounda Beach Hotel (OMG!)
- Where to Stay in Crete: Unless you are staying in an all-inclusive resort in Crete or at a unique villa, then you would definitely need a car on the island and more than 5 days in total. The best area to stay in Crete is the western part of the island or the “Chania prefecture”, as it has the most picturesque villages, the gorgeous Samaria Gorge, the beautiful beaches of Balos, Falassarna, Platanias, Elafonissi and obviously the most picturesque town of Crete which is Chania old town
- Where Are the Best Villas in Crete: the best villas are literally scattered and there is not one area that offers more than another; just make sure that the villas you will be renting is from a verified owner and it has good reviews. You will definitely need a car in Crete so location doesn’t really matter (but I would rather personally stay in a villa with sea views to be honest).
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
So…without further ado, let’s see the Best Villas in Crete:
Winehill Villa is a villa set in Plataniás, just 550 yards from the beach. Guests benefit from free WiFi and private parking available on site.Chania International Airport is 13 mi away (by car). This villa is stunning! The living area, the kitchen, the pool, the garden area and the bedrooms are very spacious and have modern and luxury finishes, furniture and all the appropriate equipment. The facilities are immaculate and very well-kept. The view is wonderful (combination of mountains and sea). Also, there are several great restaurants within one kilometre of the villa. This villa is one of the most amazing Crete villas to stay, ideal for everyone such as couples, a group of friends and families as it has a private swimming pool where everybody can enjoy the swimming pool all day. The beach is a walking distance from the villa. One of the best villas in whole Greece, just amazing!!! See availability >>>
Ageri is a traditional villa surrounded by nature, with a stunning view of a five finger mountain, located in the entrance of the village of Argyroupoli in Rethymno, Crete. The beach is just a short drive away.
The villa offers overlooking views of sunset by the swimming pool and relaxation moments at the balcony with mountain views of the area. This wonderful villa is perfectly placed for people who would like to explore Central Crete, North and South as well. There are bakeries, shops and good tavernas/restaurants nearby. The villa has a good size swimming pool, bbq are and a very beautiful garden. The inside are of the villa has a traditional character. The facilities are very well kept and WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge. See availability >>>
Villa Jamila is located in Kalathas. This villa offers a private pool, a hot tub, a garden, grill facilities, free WiFi and free private parking.
The villa has 5 bedrooms all with their own bathrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, a patio with pool views and a terrace. All the rooms have a modern luxury finishes and very well equipped. The perfect place for a family holiday villa in Crete. Guests at the villa can enjoy a continental breakfast. The nearest airport is Souda, 5 miles from Villa Jamila, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service. See availability >>>
White Grace is located in Pigi and offers an outdoor swimming pool, a shared lounge and a terrace. This self-catered villa offers a private pool, a hot tub, a garden, grill facilities, free WiFi and free private parking. The villa has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms which 3 of them are en-suite. Both a bicycle rental service and a car rental service are available at White Grace. The nearest airport is Souda, 48 miles from the accommodation, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service. The villa is surrounded by nature, combines both seaview and mountain view. Really quiet place and perfectly located for people who want to relax and spend time by gazing at the spectacular view of the sea and the mountains. See availability >>>
Platanias Panoramic Sea View Villa is located in Platanias. This stunning villa has a mini soccer and basketball court, a private helipad is also featured on site.. This villa has a balcony, a living room and a flat-screen TV. The air-conditioned villa also features a washing machine and a bathroom with a hot tub and a bath.. It’s a fantastic accommodation, stylish and modern decorated, there is also a bbq, patio, big dining table and terrace where you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch and dinner and the fantastic view surrounded by nature. Chania International Airport is 14 mi away around 35 mins. See availability >>>
Velvet Breeze Superior Villa is located in Stavromenos, this detached villa offers plenty of space for everyone (6 adults and 2 children). 4 bedrooms, 2 main bathrooms and 2 ensuite, a terrace, a garden and a mini playground for the kids. The children can play during your breakfast as they can be seen from the terrace and you can spend a relaxing morning. The swimming pool can also be supervised from the terrace.The property features views of the sea. Free private parking is available on site. There is a seating area, a dining area and a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher. Also, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, PS3and game console, as well as a laptop, a computer and free WiFi throughout the property are offered. Rethymno Town is 7.5 mi far from the property (20 mins drive), it’s a really niceplace to spend your evenings or even whole afternoon!. Small supermarkets are in walking distance 15 mins or 5 mins by car. Chania International Airport is 28 mi away. See availability >>>
Villa Loula is located in Elounda, this villa provides accommodations with a private swimming pool and magnificent sea views. Free WiFi and a flat-screen TV are provided.
The villa is fitted with 4 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dining area, and a bathroom. There is also a bbq area where you can enjoy it with your friends or family and spend a nice time and have fun all together. The views from upstairs bedrooms are fabulous and the guests can also relax in the garden or on the sun terrace. This villa is clean modern spacious and luxurious. The location is perfect for many amazing tavernas, boat trips including Spinalonga (2.7 mi from Villa LouLa), stunning views, walks, friendly locals , relaxing location. Only a few steps from the beach.The nearest airport is Heraklion International Airport, 32 mi from the property. Free private parking is provided. See availability >>>
The Hill House Villa is set at just 600 yards from Chrissi Akti beach, this holiday home offers a rooftop barbecue area, wall to wall windows with views of the sea, along with spacious indoor and outdoor lounge areas and an indoor elevator. Also, a flat screen TVs are available in all bedrooms and free wifi throughout the villa. The air-conditioned property features a very well equipped kitchen, 3 bedrooms, a private bathroom with a hydro massage shower column and a roof garden with spectacular views of the sea, furnished with sunbeds, a hammock, sofas and a dining area. Free private parking is also available.This stunning villa is close to 3 beaches (one of them is really good for surfing), 2 supermarkets and 2 cafe/bar just 5 mins away. Maritime Museum Of Crete is 1.7 mi from The Hill House Villa, while Historical Museum of Chania is 1.7 mi away. The nearest airport is Chania International Airport, 8.7 mi from the property. See availability >>>
Olive Nest villa offers a garden with a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and is located in Perivólia. Guests can also enjoy the terrace with the spectacular view.. There is a seating area, a dining area and a very well equipped kitchen. A flat-screen TV and Blu-ray player, as well as an iPad and an iPod dare also provided. The villa has a free WiFi throughout the property and a free private parking is available as well. The villa is very close to Chania but is located in a very peaceful area. There are 2 supermarkets (10 mins drive). It’s very obvious that you will need a car when you decide to stay in a villa for groceries and for exploring the beaches or restaurants on the island. Chania Town is 3.1 mi from OliveNest Chania, while Réthymno Town is 29 mi away. Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings. The nearest airport is Chania International Airport, 9.9 mi from the property. See availability >>>
Villa Green Diamond is located in Platanes and is 30 mi from Chania Town. The villa offers 4 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher, a washing machine, and a bathroom, a hot tub and a gym. A flat-screen TV free wifi and private parking and a mini playground are also available. There is a barbecue area and a dining area where the guests can use and have fun. Guests can also relax on the sun terrace. One supermarket can be found within 0.3 miles, a cafe bar and a restaurant as well. Rethymno Town is 2.7 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Chania International Airport, 25 mi from the property. See availability >>>
Nefeli Villas is located in the Old Town Hersonissos district in Hersonissos. Aquaworld Aquarium is 0.9 mi from the property. The accommodations is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV, free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free private parking is available on site. The property offers 2 villas, each with a private swimming pool and stunning sea view and mountain view. There is a lounge and dining area. Both villas have a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher and oven as well as a very well equipped kitchen. Each villa has a private bathroom with a bath. These holiday villas have plenty of space and can accommodate 6 people on each. The location is fantastic just 5 mins walk from the square in Old Hersonissos with many choices of shops and tavernas. Minimarket can be found within 0.1 miles from Nefeli Villas. According to independent reviews it’s worth to be visited the following museums: Lixnostatis Folk Museum, the Minoan Palace Of Knossos and Heraklion Archaeological Museum.Labyrinth Park is 1.4 miles from Nefeli Villas and Heraklion International Airport is 12 miles away. See availability >>>
Villa Kastellakia is located 1.5 mi from Historical and Folk Art Museum in Réthymno Town, this air-conditioned villa offers free private parking, WiFi, flat-screen TV, a spa bath and a terrace. You can relax by the outdoor swimming pool in the garden. This spacious and luxurious villa has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, equipped with a hot tub, a bathtub or shower. The kitchen is fitted with a dishwasher and all the appropriate equipment. The villa also offers a mini gym and a barbecue area. The villa is really good for kids as the play room is a bonus, the kids pool is perfect and the layout of the house is good enough for them. There is also a supermarket within 0.9 miles and Golden Sand is the closest beach. Do not miss a visit at the museums, it’s worth it. Archaeological Museum of Rethymno is 1.5 mi from Villa Kastellakia, while Venetian Harbor is 1.5 mi away. The nearest airport is Chania International Airport, 42 mi from Villa Kastellakia. See availability >>>
Archontariki Villa is located in scenic Kalyviani Village, 800 metres from the beach. This stunning villa is a traditional villa with a classic style, furnished with antiques and features wooden ceilings and stone walls offers a private swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. You can also enjoy verandas overlooking Kissamos Bay. The villa has a fully equipped kitchen and dining room. Each bedroom has private bathrooms and there is also a hammam. There is lots of seating space in the living room where guests can watch TV by the fireplace. A small gym and playroom with table tennis are available. The swimming pool area is surrounded by trees and flowers next to the garden. Free bicycles are also offered to the guests. Supermarket can be found within 3 miles. Don’t miss out Gramvousa restaurant, it has amazing food and it’stotally worth it! Kalyviani Village has cafés and taverns serving Cretan dishes. The Port of Kasteli is just 800 metres away while the city of Chania is at 22 miles. Free private parking is offered nearby the Archontariki Villa. See availability >>>
Elouda Luxury Villas is located near Plaka Village of Elounda. This amazing modern and luxurious villa with stone details has a garden with trees and aromatic herbs. It offers fully equipped and stylishly decorated accommodations, each with a private pool and spectacular sea views(popular Spinaloga). Free WiFi is available throughout, a satellite, flat-screen TV and blu-ray player. Both villas can accommodate up to 6 people and are fitted with a very well equipped kitchen. Each has an indoor and outdoor dining area and 2 bathrooms, one with shower and one with bathtub. This stunning villa has also a barbecue area. Free private parking is available on site. The beach and the beautiful village of Plaka are close and easy to access. The car is necessary but you already know it when you have decided to stay in a villa. Heraklion International Airport is 39 miles away. Tip: Do not miss out a visit at Spinaloga island. See availability >>>
SK Place Luxury Villa is a complex of individually decorated villas in Almyrida Village, just 100 metres from the beach. Each unit has a private swimming pool with a sun terrace, and overlooking Cretan Sea views. Free Wi-Fi is offered throughout and free private parking is possible on site. These modern villas come with a fireplace, satellite flat-screen TV and private bathrooms with a spa bath. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning and a safety deposit box are standard at SK Place. Cleaning service is daily available and a welcome basket with wine and other goods awaits all guests upon arrival. The village centre is just 200 metres away and the area is ideal for many activities such as horse riding, canoeing and diving. The owners can help with car rentals, massage treatments and private guided tours. Kalives Beach is at a distance of 1.9 miles, Almyrida Beach and supermarket can be found within a 4-minute walk. The international airport of Chania is within 19 miles. See availability >>>
Where to Stay in Crete
- Best Place To Stay in Crete: Chania and Western Crete – this is the best area to stay in Crete as it has the best beaches, the famous Samaria Gorge and the beautiful Chania Town
- Best Hotel in Crete: Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas
- When Should I go to Crete?: the best time to visit Crete is in June or September because the weather will still be hot but you won’t find that many tourists on the island; avoid July and August by any means if possible
- North Crete or South Crete: South Crete (that basically looks to Africa continent) is full of unique beaches (like Agia Roumeli, or Palaiochora) , cute remote villages (like Hora Sfakion) but no big towns (like Chania or Heraklion); the best hotels in Crete and the best towns in Crete are all on the north side of the island; it’s also good to know that the roads network between north and south Crete is really not that good so it’s really not worth it staying on the south side of the island
- Best Hotel in Chania Town: Domus Renier Boutique Hotel
- Best Area To Stay if it’s your first time in Crete: I suggest you stay as close to Chania as possible because it is the best area in terms of hotels availability, beautiful villages and towns; however you should definitely visit Knossos Palace and the Heraklion area because it’s where most of the historic sites of the island are
- Best Hotel in Western Crete: Minoa Palace Resort & Spa
- How to Book a Hotel for Crete: go to Booking.com and make your choice. Airbnb has far less available rooms and villas for Crete.
- Best All Inclusive Resort in Crete: Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive Resort
- Best Beaches in Crete: read the detailed guide ; you can definitely stay close to one of the Crete beaches but undoubtedly western Crete (close to Chania) has the most impressive beaches; the island has literally thousands of incredible beaches and some of them are also close to Heraklion, Hersonissos, Elounda and Agia Pelagia – the best beaches in Crete (with Google Maps links) are: Agia Roumeli , Palaiochora , Falassarna , Balos , Elafonissi , Kolokitha , Preveli , Agios Pavlos , Vai , Ammoudara , Seitan Limania , Potamos
- Best Area for culture and History: if history, archaeological sites and museums are your top priority then you should stay as close as possible to Heraklion area as this is where Knossos Palace is along with the wonderful archaeological museum of Heraklion and the less famous Phaistos Minoan Palace
- Cheapest Hotels in Crete: generally as a rule of thumb if you stay in less picturesque or remote areas you will find better prices but there is always a catch as you may spend lots of hours driving to and from your hotel – however I believe that Rethymnon (which is very picturesque but less touristic than Chania) is an excellent spot for you to explore both Chania and Heraklion areas as it is in the middle
- Best Area in Crete for families with kids: Hersonissos – the best thing about Crete is that it has hundreds of all inclusive resorts that are probably the best thing for families with kids as they have plenty of amenities and everything in walking distance; Hersonissos is the area with the most family resorts around but there are family resorts all over the island and if you find another one that you like go for it (especially if it is around Chania)!
- Best Family Resort in Crete: Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort
- Best Area for Nightlife: no it’s not Malia as many online guides suggest; Malia is a teenagers resort with cheap nightlife and junk food restaurants (unless this is what you want…). I honestly believe Chania is the best place for nightlife with beautiful bars, elegant clubs and lovely wine bars and restaurants
- Is it Always Windy in Crete?: no it’s not always windy but it can get windy in July and August (especially on the north side that looks over the aegean sea) so you should get prepared for that scenario; most important thing to remember is to check the wind and go to a beach that is not hit by the winds and the best way to know that is if you ask any locals!
- What is Crete Greece famous for?: Crete is famous for its history (Knossos Palace and Minoan civilisation), the amazing landscape with the thousands beaches, the incredible Samaria gorge, the delicious cretan food, the picturesque towns of Chania, Rethymnon, Agios Nikolaos and of course the lovely and extremely hospitable Cretan people who are some of the proudest people in Greece
I believe that the best villa in Crete is Elounda Luxury Villas but to be totally honest the island has lots of amazing options in all areas (Chania, Agios Nikolaos, Rethymno, Plaka, Heraklion) Crete is an amazing place to have family holidays and if you hate the all-inclusive hotels and resorts, renting a villa in Crete is the best option. Without a dout, this is also the best option for multiple family holidays as most of these villas can easily sleep more than 6 people , so this is your best option if 2-3 families want to have holidays together.
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE