The impressive Carian Hotel in Kalymnos with views of Telendos island
The Best Hotels in Kalymnos are mostly located in Pothia and Chorio (the capital of the island) or in one of the seaside villages of Masouri or Panormos. Kalymnos is one of the hottest rock climbing destinations in Europe with some of the best and most demanding climbing paths in the world. There are lots of hotels on the island but there are no massive all-inclusive resorts such as the ones in the neighbouring island of Kos. Kalymnos is a much more quiet greek island and that can only be a good thing.
BEST HOTEL IN KALYMNOS: Kantouni Beach Hotel
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Kalymnos belongs to the Dodecanese group of islands in southeastern Greece, and it’s very close to Leros in the north and Kos in the south. The island is world-famous for its demanding and impressive rock-climbing paths that have been mapped and created in the 90’s. I you are actually looking to visit Kalymnos for rock climbing then you must visit the best rock climbing guide website for the island.
Kalymnos island is quite far from Athens, and you can reach it by taking an overnight ferry from Piraeus (it takes 10-12 hours ) or alternatively (and easier), just take a direct 1-hour flight from Athens to Kalymnos little airport that only serves flights to and from Athens only as it’s not international (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands).
I honestly believe you need a car in Kalymnos, as it’s a decent-sized island with lots of areas to see and explore. There are local buses, but you’ll obviously be more flexible if you rent a car, in my opinion.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email!
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Kalymnos
So, without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in on Kalymnos Island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT KALYMNOS
- Best Area To Stay in Kalymnos: The best area to stay in Kalymnos is in or around Kalymnos capital called Pothia (and Chorio) or Masouri which is as it is the area with the most vibe and some of the best hotels on the island. See hotels in Kalymnos Town
- Best Hotel in Kalymnos: Kantouni Beach Hotel
- Best Villa in Kalimnos: Salt Life Villa
- How many days do you need in Kalimnos: the island is a medium-sized greek island but with many things to see and do so I recommend staying at least 5 days
- How to Move Around in Kalimnos: You definitely need a car on the island to explore it in the best possible way; there are local buses but they are not that frequent and are will not take you anywhere.