The Top 10 Best Hotels in Oia for 2018
If you are looking for the Best Hotels near the famous sunset of Oia in Santorini…look no further!
Oia is the most romantic and magical place you would probably see in your whole life.
Every sunset here is a big gathering of people who want to watch it from balconies, terraces and the white washed cute houses. It’s a show!
Oia is an almost unreal , quiet and unique place but it’s not for partying and clubbing.
If you just want a glass of wine and a nice dinner then Oia is your place. But if you want more shops, bars, clubs and nightlife then Fira is your place to go!
We love so much Oia that we could probably spend our whole lives there…
- Oia is a small picturesque village 25 mins drive from the capital of Santorini Fira.
- Oia is the place with the famous sunset
- Oia can be very busy during the high season between May-October
- Best Private Villa in Oia : Domus Solis Villa
- You can go to Oia either by taking the local bus from Fira (2.5 euro – 30mins drive) , or a taxi (20mins drive – 15 euros)
- Oia’s sunsets are amazing but you can have the same sunsets from Imerovigli or Firostefani towns that have similar or better views to the caldera/volcano
The Hotels you can find in Oia are some of the most luxurious, unique and incredible places you could stay in the whole world.
But here is the deal for 2017:
The Hotels are filling up extremely fast and you have to book very well in advance!!
The following may not be the most luxurious hotels on the island but they are definitely some of the best options near the famous Oia sunset and the blue domes you have seen everywhere.
They all have some things in common though: amazing service, private pools and jacuzzis, breathtaking setting and views you would die for…!
So…here is our list of the best hotels in Oia for 2017 (in random order):
Amazing cave houses with excellent service and hosts. Check the prices here
Cool interior design, lovely views of the sunset and caring hosts. Check the prices here
Unbelievable views, unique design and amazing bathtubs. Check the prices here
Spacious appartments, awesome views of the sunsets and 5 star service. Check the prices here
Really quite place in a traditional cave house close to the famous blue dome churches of Oia. Check the prices here
5 star luxury with yummy breakfasts and breathtaking views. Check the prices here
Simpler option but very clean and very well serviced. Check the prices here
Probably one of the best hotels in Santorini and one of the best in Greece. Luxury at its best. Check the prices here
5 star luxury with a unique spa and lovely dining settings. Check the prices here
Unique and extremely detailed design with great hospitality from the owners. Check the prices here
If you are planning to stay in any of these amazing hotels make sure that you book very well in advance.
Our favourite website for booking hotels in Imerovigli is Booking.com and it’s the one that is being used widely all over Greece (by Greeks as well). The good thing about it is that you can basically cancel your booking and you don’t pay anything in advance.
You are going to love Oia !
Recommended Websites for Hotels, Ferries, Flights and Car Rentals for Santorini:
- Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Santorini (more than Airbnb)
- Let's Ferry is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini & all greek islands
- Expedia has all the available flights from Athens or other European cities to Santorini (Santorini Airport Code: JTR)
- Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Santorini Sailing and Wine Tours
Highest Rated Hotels in Santorini:
Best Hotel in Oia: Maregio Suites
Best Hotel in Fira: Cosmopolitan Suites
Best Hotel in Imerovigli: Grace Santorini
Best Hotel in Firostefani: Tsitouras
Best Hotel in Perivolos: Orabel Suites
Best Hotel in Perissa: Anastasia Princess
Best Hotel in Kamari: Sunrise Studios
Highest Rated Private Villas in Santorini:
Best Villa in Oia: Anemi House
Best Villa in Fira: Anteliz Villa
Best Villa in Kamari: Eolia Villa
Best Villa in Pyrgos: Sensation Villa
Best Villa in Akrotiri: Cavo Ventus
Best Villa in Firostefani: Villa Aura
Best Villa in Imerovigli: Grace Villa
Our Readers Said:
"Just added this to my favourites!"
"I don't know if I will have to go anywhere else for information!"
"Better than a travel guide!"
CHECK OUR OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms & private villas in Santorini (even more than Airbnb)
WHO ARE WE:
SantoriniSecrets.com is the largest and most informative website for all things Santorini maintained by local travel bloggers who love Greece and its islands more than anything else in this world. Some of us were actually born in Santorini and some others have spent many months not only visiting the island but actually living on it for long periods of time. We are not just visitors.
We consider ourselves the tipsters of this magical place.
WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SANTORINI:
- BEST HOTELS IN SANTORINI (the best and worst areas to stay, where to stay if you are a solo traveller, the best honeymoom hotels etc)
- SANTORINI FOR FOODIES (artisanal wineries, secret restaurants, best street food and more)
- EXPERIENCE SANTORINI (things to do, secrets spots, best sunsets, secret bars and clubs, hiking, activities, tours)
Read our super detailed guide to find out what you should expect and what you need to pack!
Follow Us On Instagram!
Winetasting is one the best things you can do in Santorini. This is the Best Wine-tasting guide you'll ever need for Santorini. Directions, Maps, Opening Hours, Websites and everything else you need for the best wine experience in Santorini.
Caldera-volcano views? Awesome greek food? Romantic terraces? Amazing service? World class chefs? That's all I need!
Not your everyday villas. These for the lucky few….with private pools and jacuzzis, massive spaces to sleep more than 4 people and ridiculously photogenic locations with breathtaking views.
The island is not the same every month of the year. If you want to know how crowded it will be, then you need to read this.