Perissa is the best beach in Santorini. It is a small beach village on the southeastern side of the island with lots of restaurants, shops, beach clubs and general amenities that make it a famous family (but not only) holiday spot in Santorini.
All the Perissa Hotels are basically meters from the famous beach and are all excellent options if you are looking for more affordable accommodation in Santorini.
Here is Perissa on Google Maps.
BEST HOTEL IN PERISSA: Anastasia Princess Luxury Residences
Perissa is a very long and generally wide beach with a seaside street full of shops, tavernas and hotels that is buzzing in the hot season, but it’s pretty quiet and deserted between November and April.
Get my secrets for Greece and Santorini in your email !
The same applies to Kamari beach which is the other black beach of the island with lots of hotels along a strip of restaurants, cafes and beach bars.
Staying in Perissa PROS 🟢:
- there are lots of restaurants, tavernas and beach clubs with a great vibe (not crazy parties but more on the chill-out side even though there are some famous DJ’s playing there sometimes), all within walking distance
- there are many family-friendly amenities and wet sports options like kite surfing, jet skiing or even banana rafting
- the local bus is very frequent and there are more than 1 bus stops where you can basically hop on and go anywhere to the island (through Fira though)
- you will have the best of Santorini on your doorstep
- hotels and rooms are generally less expensive in Perissa and Perivolos
Staying in Perissa CONS 🔴:
- you won’t be close to the famous Santorini views of the volcano and the sunset; if you are looking to visit Oia or Fira you have to take the bus or drive for about 20 mins to enjoy the famous sunsets
- there are not that many options for nightlife even though most of the beach clubs stay open till late night; if you are looking for clubs and proper bars you have to go to Fira where the Santorini nightlife is awesome.
- Perissa is generally not considered a very picturesque town compared to Oia or Fira
- Perissa is definitely considered less romantic
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
So…without further ado, let’s see the Best Hotels in Perissa and Perivolos:
Video of Perissa Beach and Perivolos
Here is a video of Perissa and Perivolos beaches that I shot recently:
I believe that the best hotel in Perissa is Anastasia Princess Luxury Suites but there are so many good accommodation options that you won’t be disappointed. Most of the hotels in Perissa are meters away from the beach but also offer private pools and beautiful terraces. Perissa is ideal for families with young kids as the beach offers the perfect playground (but you have to be careful during the hot times of the day in the summer as the black pebbles can become extremely hot). there are so many great places to eat and so many things to do in Perissa that kids will never be bored. However, indeed, you won’t have the famous volcano views if you stay in Perissa or Perivolos. Still, nothing stops you from visiting Oia, Fira or Imerovigli and taking all those beautiful pictures you see all over Instagram.
*All photos from Booking.com
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE