Kamari is one of the best beaches in Santorini, along with Perivolos and Perissa and it’s basically a lovely black-sand beach with a strip of restaurants, cafes and bars. This is a list of the best hotels in Kamari Santorini.
Kamari is a lovely beach in Santorini with a small beach village on the southeastern side of the island with lots of restaurants, shops, beach clubs and amenities that make it a famous family spot in Santorini that is also perfect if you are looking for cheaper holidays since prices on everything are usually more affordable than the hotels with the caldera views in Oia, Fira, Firostefani or Imerovigli.
Here is Kamari on Google Maps.
BEST HOTEL IN KAMARI: Amara Suites Santorini
Kamari is a very long and generally wide beach with a strip full of shops, restaurants, greek tavernas and hotels that is actually very busy in the high season (May-October), but it’s very quiet between November and April as most businesses shut down in the winter.
Staying in Kamari PROS 🟢:
- you will be close to many restaurants, tavernas and beach clubs that have a very chill out and family-friendly atmosphere
- you will be meters from one of the best beaches of the island (ideal for kids)
- lots of family-friendly amenities and wet sports options like kite surfing, jet skiing or even banana rafting
- you can dive from the rock on the right side of the beach
- the local bus is very frequent and there are more than 1 bus stops where you can basically hop on and go anywhere to the island (you have to go through Fira though)
- you will be close to the Donkey Beer Brewery
- you will be very close to Ancient Thira ruins
- you will be very close to the famous Kamari Open Air Cinema
- hotels and rooms are generally less expensive in Kamari as they don’t have the famous Santorini volcano and caldera views
Staying in Kamari CONS 🔴:
- you won’t have any of the famous views that Santorini is known for or the sunsets
- if you are looking to visit Oia or Fira you have to take the bus or drive for about 20 mins to enjoy the famous instagrammable views
- there are not that many options for nightlife even though most of the beach clubs stay open till late night; if you are looking for clubs and proper bars you have to go to Fira where the Santorini nightlife is awesome.
- Kamari is generally not considered a very picturesque town compared to Oia or Fira
- Kamari is definitely not very romantic (compared to Oia or Imerovigli)
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
DirectFerries is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
So…without further ado, let’s see the Best Hotels in Kamari Santorini:
Video of Kamari Beach in Santorini
Here is a video of Kamari beach in Santorini that I shot recently:
The best hotel in Kamari is Amara Suites Santorini but there is no shortage of amazing hotels and suites or even aparthotels on that beautiful beach of Santorini. Most of the hotels in Kamari are very close to the beach. Kamari is ideal for families with kids as the beach is literally an endless playground (but be careful of the black sand during the hot summer hours as they can be very hot). It is true that you won’t have the famous Santorini views if you stay in Kamari but nothing is actually stoping you from visiting Oia or Fira every day to enjoy your day and then spend some time on the beach in the afternoon. There are so many great things about staying in Kamari that along with Perissa these are my 2 favourite places to stay, especially if you are on a limited budget.
*All photos from Booking.com
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE