This is what you will be looking at every morning from the stunning Infinity View Hotel in Tinos town
The Best Hotels in Tinos are mostly located in the capital of the island called Tinos Town. The island is really not famous for its beaches but there are certainly some hotels that combine a pool close to a beach.
BEST HOTEL IN TINOS: Infinity View Hotel
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Tinos is famous to greeks because of its famous Holy Mary Church which has been a well-known pilgrimage for Greek Orthodox. However, Tinos has been going through its renaissance the last few years, trying to attract and cater to people who want to explore this unspoilt greek island. In my opinion, Tinos does not have great beaches overall (compared to other Cyclades islands) but there are some really picturesque ones, such as Agios Ioannis and Agios Romanos beaches. Tinos is known for its traditional pigeon houses, where the locals and the Venetians used to farm pigeons for their meat and fertilizer.
Tinos island is one of the closest to Athens islands in Cyclades group and you reach it by ferry within 3 hours. There is no airport on the island.
Read More: Athens to Tinos
I believe you do need a car in Tinos if you want to explore it in more flexibility but if you just stay in or around Tinos town you might not need it, as the local buses or a taxi could take you pretty much everywhere on the island.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email !
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Tinos
So without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Tinos island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT TINOS
- Best Area To Stay in Tinos: The best area to stay in Tinos is the capital town of the island called “Tinos Town”, as everything on the island is pretty much located in or around the capital. See hotels in Tinos Town
- Best Hotel in Tinos: Infinity View Hotel
- Best Villa in Tinos: Coocono Villas
- How many days do you need in Tinos: to be honest the island does not have much to see and do other than the views and a couple of wild beaches; so I would suggest that unless you really want to relax and do nothing else (which is totally fine…) then you shouldn’t spend more than 3 days on the island.
- How to Move Around in Tinos: I usually recommend renting a car but to be honest there is not much to explore on the island other than a couple of remote beaches and Tinos Town so you could definitely get around by using the local bus
MORE TIPS FOR GREECE