Katouna Suites in Lefkada combines views with Meditteranean luxury
The Best Hotels in Lefkada are primarily located in Lefkada Town (the capital) or at the beach resort towns of Nikiana, Vassiliki, Lygia or Nydri. Lefkada is one of the two greek islands that can actually be accessed by road (Evia is the other), which overall makes it very accessible and cheaper to get to in general. The island is full of impressive and well-designed hotels and villas, mostly offering breathtaking views to the Ionian Sea and the green smaller islands like Meganisi or Skorpios.
BEST HOTEL IN LEFKADA: Porto Galini
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Lefkada belongs to the Ionian group of islands in western Greece and it’s close to Corfu and Kefalonia. The island is directly connected to mainland Greece through a floating bridge (that is about to be renovated at some point) and it has a long cultural history and lots of tourism every year. Some of the island’s best beaches such as Kathisma and Porto Katsiki have been voted as the best in the world for several years. Most of the hotels on the island are located in the seaside towns of Nydri, Vassiliki and Nikiana but there are a few in Lefkada main town as well.
Lefkada island is quite far from Athens (as is the case with all the Ionian islands as they are on the opposite western side of the country) but you can easily take a bus or even drive to the island as there is a bridge that connects it to mainland Greece. There is obviously no airport on the island but you can fly to Aktion International Airport which is literally only a 30-minute drive to Lefkada town. There are direct flights to Aktion from almost everywhere in Europe and even more frequently between May and October for the summer (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands).
I honestly believe you need a car in Lefkada, as it’s a pretty big island with lots of areas to see and explore. There are some very good and reliable local buses in Lefkada, but you’ll obviously be more flexible if you rent a car, in my opinion.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email!
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Lefkada
So, without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Lefkada Island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT LEFKADA
- Best Area To Stay in Lefkada: The best area to stay in Lefkada is in or around one of the seaside towns of Nydri, Nikiana or Vassilki as you will have access to a nice beach and good restaurants around. I do not recommend Lefkada town in general. See hotels in Nikiana
- Best Hotel in Lefkada: Porto Galini
- Best Villa in Lefkada: Villa Veneziano
- How many days do you need in Lefkada: the island is a pretty big with a lot of diversity and areas to explore so I would say you need at least 5 days
- How to Move Around in Lefkada: The best way to explore the island, the famous beaches and villages is by car. The local buses are very good to be honest but there is no comparison with the flexibility that a car will give you overall.