Mystic Villas in Koufonisia overlooking the beach and port of this “Small Cyclades” island
The Best Hotels in Koufonisia are mostly located in Ano Koufonisi (Upper), which is one of the smallest greek islands. Koufonisia consists of basically two islands: Ano Koufonisi (upper) and Kato Koufonisi (lower) and they are both part of the group of islands also known as “Small Cyclades” or “Lesser Cyclades”, which is basically a group of pretty small islands, south of Naxos. The island has seen extreme growth in the last decade with excellent small boutique hotels and luxurious villas for those looking for a quiet greek island in the Cyclades.
BEST HOTEL IN KOUFONISIA: Aeris Suites Pori
BUT ALSO CHECK:
Koufonisia belong to the Cyclades group of islands in the Aegean Sea, and they are 2 very small islands that along with Irakleia, Schinoussa and Donoussa islands form the sub-group called “Small Cyclades”, as because of their small size have never been considered “proper” Cycladic islands. However, they are now attracting millions of tourists every year as their stunning beaches along with the very tranquil and relaxing vibes make them ideal for those looking for more quiet holidays.
Koufonisia island is not that far from Athens, and you can reach it by taking a ferry from Piraeus (it takes about 4 hours ). There is obviously no airport on any of these “Small Cyclades” islands an international airport on Kos Island, but there is a ferry connection between Koufonisia and Naxos or the other small cyclades islands (always check Ferryhopper for the latest ferry schedules and Expedia for the most up-to-date flights to Greek islands).
You don’t need a car in Koufonisia. You just need your feet as you can literally walk the whole island pretty much and in the extreme scenario you may want to go to a beach that is just a 45 minute walk from the main town of the island you can just take one of the few available taxis.
Get my secrets for Greece in your email!
RECOMMENDED WEBSITES FOR GREECE:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Athens, Santorini , Mykonos & Crete (more than Airbnb!)
Ferryhopper is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini, Mykonos , Crete & all greek islands
Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Tours in Athens and the greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete etc)
Rentalcars is the easiest way to rent a car or a quad for Greece with thousands of available options
Expedia has all the available flights to and from the greek islands
Best Hotels in Koufonisia
So, without further ado, let me show you the best hotels you can stay in Koufonisia island:
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT KOUFONISIA
- Best Area To Stay in Koufonisia: The best area to stay in Koufonia is in Ano Koufonisi (the northern island of the two) and in or around the main town (also the only port) as this is where everything happens. See hotels in Koufonisia
- Best Hotel in Koufonisia: Aeris Suites Pori
- Best Villa in Koufonisia: Blue Harpist
- How many days do you need in Koufonisia: in theory, I would not suggest anything more than a weekend in Koufonisia, but I know people who literally spend 10 days there, switching off from the rest of the world for their holidays so if you need that make sure you spend at least 5 days
- How to Move Around in Koufonisia: just walk…everything is literally minutes away and if you want you can even hike the whole island in a couple of hours (not recommended under the hot summer weather of Greece though)