Best Cheap Hotels of Santorini under $100/night
Trying to find a cheap hotel in Santorini during the summer months has been almost impossible the last years, as the island has become a top world destination. However, the following cheap hotels in Santorini are very decent, clean and absolutely value for money.
One of the main reasons people find it difficult to visit Santorini the last years is because the prices of the available hotels have gone through the roof. This is happening for the obvious reason of Santorini being one of the most popular destinations not only in Europe but in the whole world.
There is a solution to that problem though and there are definitely a few cheap hotels that won’t break the bank but they will provide decent and clean accommodation.
But you have to compromise…
The amazing hotels of Santorini that are in Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli or Oia are situated on the top of the cliff with their amazing balconies and plunge pools overlooking the famous volcano lagoon (called caldera) are some of the most expensive hotels in Europe; especially during the high season of May, june, July, August and September. So… you are not getting any of those unfortunately.
if you don’t know where to stay in Santorini and you are looking for a cheap hotel then you have to stay either in Fira, Perissa or Kamari as the best cheap hotels of Santorini are located there.
Bear in mind though that if you are planning to combine your visit to Santorini with a few days in Mykonos too, then there is hope! There are some very decent but cheap hotels in Mykonos too.
Note: You may have found lists of cheap hotels in Santorini that are listing hotels that cost more than $200 per night. Unfortunately, that is considered cheap for some people online… The hotels we are listing below are all under $100 per night/room at the time of writing this post.
Read Also: Best Beach Hotels of Santorini
- The hotels in Santorini that are closer to the beach side town such as Perivolos, Perivolos or Kamari are much cheaper than the ones in Oia or Fira. The most decent cheap hotels are close to the beach areas but they don’t have caldera views obviously.
- Best Cheap Hotel in Santorini: Stelios Place (in Perissa- black beach)
- Best Cheap Hotel in Fira: King Thiras Hotel
- Best Cheap Hotel in Oia: Kiklamino Suites & Apartments
- Best Cheap Hotel in Kamari: Selini Hotel
- None of these hotels have caldera (volcano) views (the famous Santorini views) and it will be almost impossible to find a hotel with caldera views under $200 per room per night between May-October.
- If you want to go super cheap (less than $50 per night) then you can stay at Santorini’s hostels which are very decent: Santorini Hostel , Youth Hostel Anna
- Things you can do to save money in Santorini: go with a Bluestar ferry, take the local Santorini bus, eat breakfast from a bakery, eat greek street food (like souvlaki) and generally avoid any restaurant or hotel that has caldera views.
So, without further ado let’s see the Best Cheap Hotels of Santorini:
This one is one the edge of $100 per night (for the high season) but it’s one of the highest rated hotels of Santorini on Booking.com and that is for some very good reasons. Stelios Place doesn’t have nice caldera views but it is a family hotel run by really kind and friendly people who will make sure you have a great time there (I personally know Stelios the owner, a lovely guy). The hotel itself is very clean, its location is literally meters away from the beach but there is also a vey decent swimming pool you can use, he rooms are getting cleaned up every day, you get free towels and you are also going to get picked from the aiport for free….. Check the prices here
A family run hotel at a really central location as you will be in the centre of Fira very close to everything! The rooms themselves are super clean (but basic) and there is also a lovely patio where you can relax. The owners can also arrange a shuttle bus to/from the port/airport for only 5 euros (that’s really good!)… Check the prices here
No luxuries here but a very clean and decent hotel to spend a few days in Santorini. Most rooms have a balcony with really nice views to be honest and they are all recently refurbished. the breakfast also is really good!…. Check the prices here
This one is not in the centre of Fira but remember that if you want to go cheap you have to compromise (but we are talking about 10mins from the centre of Fira). This one is a really new addition as it is recently renovated and it is a really good hotel with very large air-conditioned rooms and a really cute swimming pool. The hotel has a really homey feeling to it and the friendly owners will make sure you have a great stay … Check the prices here
Kiklamino Suites is not in THe main (and famous) location in Oia but a bit away from it (though it’s still considered Oia). Again, you cannot get cheap prices with caldera views. Kiklamino is a really lovely hotel run by Katerina and her family who will try to make your stay unforgettable. The breakfast basket that comes every day is yummy, the rooms are really nice and modernly decorated. The cute backyard is also a plus! Check the prices here
Selini is at Kamari and it is ideal for families with kids as it is very close to the beautiful Kamari beach and at walking distance to the famous Kamari beachfront with lots of family restaurant, shops and tavernas. Nice and clean rooms with breakfast… Check the prices here
You don’t have to spend 1000s of your hardly earned money to visit and stay in Santorini. To get the best deals on hotels you have to book at least 6 months in advance and if you want to get the best value for money just stick to these 2 rules: stay away from the caldera or visit any other month outside of June-July-August-September. Bear in mind though that there are some very good cheap hotels in Mykonos too.
Recommended Websites for Hotels, Ferries, Flights and Car Rentals for Santorini:
- Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Santorini (more than Airbnb)
- Let's Ferry is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini & all greek islands
- Expedia has all the available flights from Athens or other European cities to Santorini (Santorini Airport Code: JTR)
- Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Santorini Sailing and Wine Tours
Highest Rated Hotels in Santorini:
Best Hotel in Oia: Maregio Suites
Best Hotel in Fira: Cosmopolitan Suites
Best Hotel in Imerovigli: Grace Santorini
Best Hotel in Firostefani: Tsitouras
Best Hotel in Perivolos: Orabel Suites
Best Hotel in Perissa: Anastasia Princess
Best Hotel in Kamari: Sunrise Studios
Highest Rated Private Villas in Santorini:
Best Villa in Oia: Anemi House
Best Villa in Fira: Anteliz Villa
Best Villa in Kamari: Eolia Villa
Best Villa in Pyrgos: Sensation Villa
Best Villa in Akrotiri: Cavo Ventus
Best Villa in Firostefani: Villa Aura
Best Villa in Imerovigli: Grace Villa
Our Readers Said:
"Just added this to my favourites!"
"I don't know if I will have to go anywhere else for information!"
"Better than a travel guide!"
CHECK OUR OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms & private villas in Santorini (even more than Airbnb)
WHO ARE WE:
SantoriniSecrets.com is the largest and most informative website for all things Santorini maintained by local travel bloggers who love Greece and its islands more than anything else in this world. Some of us were actually born in Santorini and some others have spent many months not only visiting the island but actually living on it for long periods of time. We are not just visitors.
We consider ourselves the tipsters of this magical place.
WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SANTORINI:
- BEST HOTELS IN SANTORINI (the best and worst areas to stay, where to stay if you are a solo traveller, the best honeymoom hotels etc)
- SANTORINI FOR FOODIES (artisanal wineries, secret restaurants, best street food and more)
- EXPERIENCE SANTORINI (things to do, secrets spots, best sunsets, secret bars and clubs, hiking, activities, tours)
Read our super detailed guide to find out what you should expect and what you need to pack!
Follow Us On Instagram!
Winetasting is one the best things you can do in Santorini. This is the Best Wine-tasting guide you'll ever need for Santorini. Directions, Maps, Opening Hours, Websites and everything else you need for the best wine experience in Santorini.
Caldera-volcano views? Awesome greek food? Romantic terraces? Amazing service? World class chefs? That's all I need!
Not your everyday villas. These for the lucky few….with private pools and jacuzzis, massive spaces to sleep more than 4 people and ridiculously photogenic locations with breathtaking views.
The island is not the same every month of the year. If you want to know how crowded it will be, then you need to read this.