15 Amazing Airbnb Places of Santorini for 2017
If you are looking for the best and most unique Airbnb places in Santorini, look no further
So… Airbnb has changed dramatically the way we travel and the way we plan for our holidays over the last years.
READ ALSO OUR SUPER DETAILED GUIDE: Where to Stay in Santorini?
Even though, it’s still not that popular in Greece, you can find some amazing Airbnb places to stay in Santorini that won’t break your bank account…!
However, after speaking to many hotels hotels owners in Greece and in Santorini in particular I figured out that most of the hotels, villas and apartments owners in Santorini (and in Greece to be honest) are using both Airbnb and Booking.com.
- Most Airbnbs in Santorini are also listed in Booking.com and will probably cost you less because Booking.com doesn’t charge you a fee and you don’t have to wait for confirmation by the host.
- Closer to a beach: Perivolos, Perissa, Kamari
- Famous dramatic volcano views but no beach: Fira, Oia, Firostefani, Imerovigli
- You’d better: rent a car, scooter or an ATV in Santorini as buses can be unreliable and it also gives you more flexibility with times (best site to rent a car in Santorini: RentalCars)
Recommended Websites for Hotels, Ferries, Flights and Car Rentals for Santorini:
- Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Santorini (more than Airbnb)
- Let's Ferry is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini & all greek islands
- Expedia has all the available flights from Athens or other European cities to Santorini (Santorini Airport Code: JTR)
I picked up some of the most amazing (and on the budget side) Airbnb’s of the island that hopefully will help you make a safe choice.
So…here they are:
Villa Anita Cliff Suite (at Imerovigli)
Just imagine waking up to this amazing view and cute little balcony… This is actually a really traditional Santorini island house that has been renovated by the owners and it now looks fantastic. Book it here
Santorini Hara’s Houses (at Imerovigli)
Amazing cute little traditional greek island house built on the rock! Book it here
Elkaza Villa (at Fira)
This must be the ultimate lovenest… It’s located at a walking distance to the capital of the island Fira but in a very quiet and seclusive area. Book it here
Theoni Apartment (at Perissa Beach)
If (for some very strange reason) amazing views is not your thing and you just want to be literally on the beach then this is an amzing option. the apartment is literally 10m from the beach! Book it here
The small Architect’s Villa (at Pyrgos village)
This is one of the most unique and super stylish Airbnb’s of the island at one of the most amazing locations of the island. Book it here
Ramni Yellow Suite (at Koloumpos beach, close to Oia)
So…you get a private beach. And a pool. And an amazing traditional house. Close to Oia. For this price???Seriously????? Book it here
Old Vourvoulos House (at Vourvoulos village)
An amazing cute little house that was recently renovated and is now fully equiped and super elegant and stylish. The awesome stone patio is a plus too! Book it here
Kalipso Beach House (at Kamari Beach)
A really cute and quiet place at a 2 mins walk from the famous Kamari beach and all the restaurants and shops , just below the big cliff of Kamari. Book it here
Casa Galazia (at Pyrgos)
Pyrgos village is one of our favourites places on the island and this super cute house has amazing views and even a bathroom scarved on the rock! Book it here
Finikia Cave House (at Finikia, Oia)
You cannot get more traditional greek santorini style than this one! And you also get the typical amazing views from…your own personal outdoor jacuzzi! Book it here
Maison Faros (in Oia)
If this cave house in Oia with its private balcony overlooking the Aegean sea is not enough for you, then there is seriously something wrong with you… 🙂 Book it here
Mega Cave House (at Megalochori)
Megalochori is one of the most picturesque and less touristic villages of the island but it’s full of houses like this one carved on the rocks, creating an amazing architectural complex. We really loved the bathroom and the terrace on this one! Book it here
Caveland (at Karterados)
This is a traditional cave house in a “labyrinth” of cave houses at a former winery! Wow! Book it here
Exo Gonia Studio (at Exo Gonia village)
Really new and stylish studio at a very quiet and unique location. Book it here
Argithea Studio (in Oia)
You get your private balcony overlooking the Aegean sea. In your own cave house. What else do you want? 🙂 Book it here
There are hundreds more Aibnb places to stay in Santorini and there are even new ones coming up every year as the platform becomes more mainstream for the locals.
All the above are just some of my picks that won’t break your bank account but will offer you an amazing and unique accommodation on the island.
There is one thing for sure though: every Airbnb owner will treat you like a member of your family and they make sure you’ll have an amazing time!
Greeks are famous for their hospitality and Airbnb’s are no exception to that!
*All images from Airbnb
Read Also Our Other Recommendations for Santorini:
- Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and private villas in Santorini (more than Airbnb)
- Where to Stay in Santorini? (the most complete guide you will ever read)
- The Top 10 Best Hotels near Oia’s Famous Sunset (do not lower your expectations…it’s better than any picture you’ve seen)
- The 20 Best Luxury and Boutique Hotels of Santorini (nothing less than amazing service and luxury at its best)
- The 20 Best Infinity Pools in Santorini (you’ve probably already seen some of these all over instagram!)
- The 25 Most Stunning Villas To Rent in Santorini (private pools, stunning sunset views and…high prices…!)
Highest Rated Hotels in Santorini:
Best Hotel in Oia: Maregio Suites
Best Hotel in Fira: Cosmopolitan Suites
Best Hotel in Imerovigli: Grace Santorini
Best Hotel in Firostefani: Tsitouras
Best Hotel in Perivolos: Orabel Suites
Best Hotel in Perissa: Anastasia Princess
Best Hotel in Kamari: Sunrise Studios
Highest Rated Private Villas in Santorini:
Best Villa in Oia: Anemi House
Best Villa in Fira: Anteliz Villa
Best Villa in Kamari: Eolia Villa
Best Villa in Pyrgos: Sensation Villa
Best Villa in Akrotiri: Cavo Ventus
Best Villa in Firostefani: Villa Aura
Best Villa in Imerovigli: Grace Villa
Our Readers Said:
"Just added this to my favourites!"
"I don't know if I will have to go anywhere else for information!"
"Better than a travel guide!"
CHECK OUR OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS:
Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms & private villas in Santorini (even more than Airbnb)
WHO ARE WE:
SantoriniSecrets.com is the largest and most informative website for all things Santorini maintained by local travel bloggers who love Greece and its islands more than anything else in this world. Some of us were actually born in Santorini and some others have spent many months not only visiting the island but actually living on it for long periods of time. We are not just visitors.
We consider ourselves the tipsters of this magical place.
WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SANTORINI:
- BEST HOTELS IN SANTORINI (the best and worst areas to stay, where to stay if you are a solo traveller, the best honeymoom hotels etc)
- SANTORINI FOR FOODIES (artisanal wineries, secret restaurants, best street food and more)
- EXPERIENCE SANTORINI (things to do, secrets spots, best sunsets, secret bars and clubs, hiking, activities, tours)
Read our super detailed guide to find out what you should expect and what you need to pack!
Follow Us On Instagram!
Winetasting is one the best things you can do in Santorini. This is the Best Wine-tasting guide you'll ever need for Santorini. Directions, Maps, Opening Hours, Websites and everything else you need for the best wine experience in Santorini.
Caldera-volcano views? Awesome greek food? Romantic terraces? Amazing service? World class chefs? That's all I need!
The island is not the same every month of the year. If you want to know how crowded it will be, then you need to read this.
Not your everyday villas. These for the lucky few….with private pools and jacuzzis, massive spaces to sleep more than 4 people and ridiculously photogenic locations with breathtaking views.